Meet Our Speakers
The Diocese of Sioux City is pleased to offer resources and this speakers bureau! Speakers include individuals from the Office of Evangelization, Catechesis & Family Life.
(Please be sure to include the following information in your request: Name, hosting parish or group, contact information, topic and date requested.)
More About Our Speakers
- Preferred Audiences: Adults, Catechists, Parents & Families
- Also available for youth events!
- Sample Topics:
- Evangelism & Discipleship
- Church History/Lives of the Saints
- Conversion Story
- Catechetical Leadership
- Catechist Formation
- Catechetical Methods
- Marriage & Family/Parenting
- Parish Renewal
Fred is a passionate follower of Jesus Christ, devoted husband, loving father and committed Catholic. His work is centered on sharing the Good News of Jesus Christ, so that others may come to experience the same life-giving, life-changing love as him. He is deeply committed to the task of evangelization and discipleship. Whether through teaching, writing, or consulting, he has a heart to serve and share the Gospel. A graduate of Franciscan University of Steubenville (MA, Theology & Christian Ministry), Fred entered the Catholic Church with his wife after discovering the teachings of the Church Fathers and the beauty of the Catholic Church’s teaching and Tradition, all while serving in ministry and studying to become a Protestant pastor. A dedicated Denver Broncos fan, Fred spends most of his free time having adventures with his wife and children… these adventures often include Legos, Pokémon cards, and road-trips. Fred also likes to fancy himself a handyman, and loves to hear his children say, “Daddy, fix it!”
- Sample Topics/Audiences
- Catechesis in the Home (Parents & Adults)
- Teaching your children about Scripture
- Living the Liturgical Year
- Praying with your kids/fostering prayer in the home
- Teaching kids about saints
- Teaching kids about Mary
- Talks on Natural Family Planning (NFP) (Adults)
- Presentations on Eucharistic spirituality and Adoration (High School/Middle School)
- Catechist Formation (Adults)
- Vocations (High School/Middle School)
- Bio: Coming soon!
- Preferred Audience(s): High School Students, Post-Confirmation Youth and College Students
- Sample Topics:
- Finding God in High School
- Life Before You Go to College
Kara attended Morningside College where she earned Bachelor of Science degrees in Business and Communications. She is currently studying to earn her Master’s degree in Theology through The Augustine Institute. For two years, Kara worked as a youth minister for the cathedral in Sioux City, IA. She is now the Assistant Director of Youth and Young Adult Ministry, as well as the Pro-Life coordinator, for the Diocese of Sioux City. Kara has spoken at diocesan retreats, parish events, and catholic school retreats. She speaks on a number of topics targeted towards high school and college age students. She loves to dance like no one is watching, read fiction novels, and cuddle with her Alaskan Husky, Sasha. Kara is recently engaged and will marry her fiancé, BJ, in April, 2017!