We, though many, are one body in Christ.
The Diocese of Sioux City covers 24 counties in Northwest Iowa and encompasses more than 100 parishes. Recent census figures estimate nearly 90,000 people in our area identify themselves as Catholic!
- 6 Catholic Charities locations across the diocese committed to showing the love of Christ to people in need
- 236 couples celebrated marriage preparation
- 12 seminarians preparing for a life devoted to Christ and to the future of our Catholic communities
- 8,100 students participate in religious education programs, including Totus Tuus and Diocesan Youth Rally
- Pastoral guidance to more than 45,000 parishioners, including weekly sacraments, marriages, baptisms and deaths
- 605 individuals participated in VIRTUS training this year, while more than 18,000 people have been trained since 2003
“Dear young people, please, don’t be observers of life, but get involved!
Jesus did not remain an observer, but he immersed himself.
Don’t be observers, but immerse yourself in the reality of life, as Jesus did.”
— Pope Francis, July 27, 2013 Youth Prayer Vigil at Rio