Who Can Be Nominated?
“Excellence in Education” Award Recipients must be teachers who have been in any of the Catholic Schools in the Diocese of Sioux City for five consecutive years or more.
- A teacher who emphasizes Catholic identity in the classroom regardless of subject matter. Faith remains the cornerstone of the classroom and ongoing faith formation is emphasized.
- A teacher who strives endlessly for academic excellence and achievement while incorporating new & innovative teaching strategies in the classroom.
- A teacher who has earned the respect of peers, students and/or parents by fostering an atmosphere of collaboration and teamwork. Serves as a role model to fellow teachers as well as students.
- A teacher who is a witness of his or her faith in his or her professional and personal life.
- A teacher who promotes the mission of the school both on and off the job. contributes time, talent and treasure and exhibits a true passion for the school.
“Good Shepherd” Award Recipients can be any school employee who has been employed in any of the Catholic Schools for five consecutive years or more. Previous years’ award winners have included school administrators, principals, administrative assistants, custodians, etc.
- A school employee who is admired, respected and held in high regard by fellow peers, students and parents. Routinely goes above and beyond the call of duty enthusiastically promoting the mission of the school.
- A school employee who demonstrates a true passion for the job. Ready and willing to help at a moment’s notice.
Deadline for Nominations: June 15, 2018
What documentation is required?
All nominations must include:
Nomination Form or Re-nomination Form
A letter from the nominator(s) detailing why the nominee should be chosen for the award.
A letter of support from the school principal and/or president
A letter from an additional supporter (pastor, fellow teacher, parent, etc.)
Who can submit nominations?
Anyone can nominate another person for either of the two awards. Examples include teachers nominating fellow teachers, PTO Organizations nominating school employees, parishioners nominating teachers and/or employees, etc. Parents are also encouraged to submit nominations!
I nominated someone last year, but they were not chosen. Can I nominate them again this year?
Yes! All nomination documents from 2017 are still on file and can be submitted for consideration in 2018. Please fill out the “Re-Nomination Form” and submit by the deadline for deliberation.